Recently Yogi Adityanath, Chief minister of Uttar Pradesh announced the creation of UP Labour Health Insurance Scheme for 2022 to help labourers. Two schemes were announced by the CM for state workers on May 1, 2021. The first scheme provides Rs. 2 lakh insurance coverage. All workers will receive 2 lakh for any accidental death or disability. An insurance policy covering Rs. 5 lakh will be provided to all workers for accidental death or disability. Registered labourers will also receive a health insurance cover of Rs. 5 lakh
The FY 2020 state government provided not only free rations to workers but also an “bharanposhan bhatta”, or allowance. The financial assistance was available to 54 lakh workers. Benefits were also provided to more than 40 million migrant workers returning to the state.
UP Labour Health Insurance Scheme 2022
The state govt. has created the UP Labour Health Insurance Scheme for Labourers. The state govt. will provide Rs. All registered labourers will be eligible for Rs. 5 lakh in health insurance. To be eligible for this benefit, all labourers must be registered with BOCW Welfare Board. All labourers who are registered with BOCW board will automatically be added to the UP Labour Health Insurance Scheme beneficiary lists. To be eligible for the benefits of the UP Worker Health Insurance Scheme, Shramiks who have not yet registered with BOCW board will need to apply online.
BOCW Workers Online Registration for UP Health Insurance Scheme For Labourers
The government has launched a variety of schemes to assist daily wage workers. govt. has created a variety of welfare programs, one of which is the UP Health Insurance Scheme for Labourers. All workers who register will be able to access the UP Labour Health Insurance Scheme benefits through DBT mode in their bank accounts. Here is how to complete the online registration for UP Worker Health Insurance Scheme 2022:
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website at https://www.upbocw.in/english/index.aspx
STEP 2. Scroll to the top of the main menu, hover over the ” Workers” tab and click on the ” Labour Register / Correction” tab.
STEP3: Next, the UP Labour Registration online form will appear as follows:
STEP4: To complete the BOCW labourers registration with Uttar Pradesh labour department, applicants will need to enter their aadhar number, mandal and district numbers, as well as mobile numbers, and then click on the ” Aavedan/ Sanshodhan Karein” link.
Important to remember that all registered labourers with the UP Labour department are eligible for the UP Labour Health Insurance Scheme.
Eligibility Criteria / List of Documents – UP Health Insurance Scheme For Labourers
If you are a daily wage worker, you will need to have the following documents in order to register for Yogi Labourers Health Insurance Scheme.
- Uttar Pradesh must have a resident laborer.
- Laborers must have a registration certificate from the UP labor department, municipal council / corpora or gram sabha.
If the worker applying for assistance is registered in one of the departments mentioned above, the amount will be directly transferred to their bank accounts.
UP Govt. Initiatives for Daily Wage Labourers
- CM Yogi Adityanath stated that the Uttar Pradesh Labour Commission (Employment Exchange and Job) Commission was established and is currently working to find workers employment.
- The government offers financial assistance for the weddings of daughters of laborers through the Kanya Vivah Sahayata Yajana.
- In each of the 18 divisions, Atal Residential Schools have been set up to educate registered laborers’ children and offer free hostel facilities.
- Chief Minister stated that government provides free coaching for children of laborers in the Abhyudaya Scheme, and helps them to get high ranks in competitive exams.
Official website for details mentioned below :